Inspired by the donabe, a traditional Japanese clay pot, this large covered casserole can be used for baking, braising or roasting foods in the oven; it is also wonderful for keeping foods warm before serving and storing foods before or after cooking.
The base of the Nabe is the Deep Dish Server, and the lid is the Pasta Bowl. The flared rim on the Deep Dish Server allows for easy handling of the Nabe when hot out of the oven.
1-1/2 quarts of liquid fit within the base, filled just short of the inner ledge on which the lid rests, additional room in the lidded container, easily containing up to 2-1/2 quarts of food. One can bake a whole chicken, or serve a 10-cup mound of rice, mashed potatoes, or vegetables.
- High-fire stoneware, fully vitrified, chip-resistant, made to last.
- Microwave, dishwasher, and oven safe. (Not made for use on stovetop).
- While there is a drive towards uniformity and consistency in making these pieces, they are all hand-made, introducing slight differences and variations in their finish, color, and shading; no two pieces are exactly alike, each is ultimately unique.
Basic Dimensions and Weight:
- 11" Diameter, 5-3/8 Height.
- This lidded-containers is designed for versatile stacking with several other lidded-containers in the collection; perhaps most notably, they can be sturdily stacked on top of one another.