Inspired by the cassolette, a traditional French clay pot, this small, single-serving covered casserole can be used for baking, braising or roasting foods in the oven; it is also wonderful for keeping foods warm before serving and storing foods before or after cooking.
The base of the Cassolette is the Side Dish, and the lid is the Saucer. The flared rim on the Side Dish allows for easy handling of the Cassolette when hot out of the oven.
1 cup of liquid fits within the base, filled just short of the interior raised ledge on which the lid rests, additional room in the lidded container, easily containing up to 1-1/2 cups of food. Perfect for hot side dishes.
- High-fire stoneware, fully vitrified, chip-resistant, made to last.
- Microwave, dishwasher, and oven safe.
- While there is a drive towards uniformity and consistency in making these pieces, they are all hand-made, introducing slight differences and variations in their finish, color, and shading; no two pieces are exactly alike, each is ultimately unique.
Basic Dimensions and Weight:
- 7-1/8" Diameter, 2-1/2 Height.
- This lidded-containers is designed for versatile stacking with several other lidded-containers in the collection; perhaps most notably, they can be sturdily stacked on top of one another.